Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for people with the individual skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading plant environmental strategic and operational environmental initiatives by planning, facilitating, and communicating to ensure plant environmental regulatory compliance (CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, SWPPP, SPCC) and achieve NA and plant environmental sustainability performance (energy, water, and waste) targets. In your pursuit of impeccable quality, you set and execute the strategy, and manage customer and vendor relations. Your endless curiosity will drive innovative activities.
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day for an Environmental Leader will include:
- Leading plant environmental compliance & sustainability metric communication and collaboration efforts with internal leadership and external stakeholders for awareness, benchmarking, critical issue escalation, initiation of necessary action items and promotion/ diffusion of environmental programs
Monitoring and evaluating changes to regulatory requirements and landscape to set plant direction & strategy; ensuring environmental programs are developed to comply with environmental regulations & Honda Standards
- Developing, managing, and implementing Plant Environmental Business Plan themes and projects to reduce risk, improve environmental characteristics and align with NA direction. Ensuring team members analyze data and trends and use PDCA to identify environmental performance improvement ideas and projects
- Developing, planning, and managing Plant environmental budget and resources to properly execute plant environmental management programs including waste management and water treatment contracts
- Providing governance and ensuring development of plant environmental standards, systems, methods, and procedures to meet government regulation and company standards
- Evaluating, as the environmental advocate, plant projects and change points against the NA and plant environmental standards for environmental impact to promote & ensure environmental policy and direction are achieved
- Evaluating, creating, and executing training to ensure associate competence and success in meeting environmental targets/goals/objectives
- Verifying effectiveness & viability of plant data management systems; developing or ensuring team creates tools to efficiently track and manage environmental compliance and performance
- Managing contractors (waste management, wastewater operations, drinking water operations, ENV consultants) to support environmental strategies/requirements; ensure ongoing contractor performance
- Performing or leading team members in performing environmental (air, water, and waste) routine activities (sampling, checks and inspections), developing government regulatory reports, environmental plans and permits to fulfil recordkeeping and reporting obligations required by the CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, SWPPP, SPCC regulations
- Designing and facilitating external (government agencies, third party ISO 14001 Auditors, RO-Regional Operations Auditors) and internal (plant and dept) audit programs to confirm effectiveness and identify gaps & opportunities for improvements in the environmental program
- Coordinating timely countermeasures (environmental audits, compliance, and performance gaps) to ensure effectiveness and improvements to the environmental program
- Developing solutions to countermeasure environmental audit & compliance gaps. Implementing timely countermeasures to ensure effectiveness of environmental program
- Leading a team of environmental associates to implement plant environmental compliance and sustainability programs and activities
We are looking for qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic. To bring the future to Honda as an Environmental Leader will include:
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or science-related degree or equivalent related experience
- 6+ years of environmental experience or equivalent Honda manufacturing experience with a passion for Environmental
- Experience with and understanding of environmental regulations (CAA, CWA, RCRA, EPCRA, SWPPP, SPCC, DOT)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple projects
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Effective planning and prioritization skills.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with contractors and production associates.
- Working knowledge of environmental compliance requirements
- General understanding of business plan, budgeting and cost reporting
- Ability to effectively perform root cause analysis and implement countermeasures
- Competitive Base Pay
- Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Program
- Honda Product Programs
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.