Requisition ID: 452404
Total Rewards: Benefits/Incentive Information [https://jobs.luxottica.com/content/Benefits-and-Perks/?locale=en_US]
Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury and sports eyewear. Our wholesale network covers more than 150 countries and our retail presence consists of over 9,100 retail stores across the globe.
In North America, our wholesale business is the home to global brands; Ray-ban, Oakley and many of the top fashion house brands. Our leading retail brands include; Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearle Vision, and Target Optical. We are also home to EyeMed, the fastest growing vision care company in the United States.
To support our global business, Luxottica operates multiple manufacturing and logistics facilities across North America to support our retail stores and wholesale customers.
The Sr. Environmental Engineer designs, implements and improves environmental compliance programs, leads site management in storage, handling and disposal of chemicals & solid waste, ensures proper disposal of wastewater and ensures operations are in compliance with state and federal safety regulations. The Sr. Environmental Engineer works to create a culture where employees at all levels understand the importance of these processes and are committed to maintaining a safe and compliant work environment.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages development and implementation of environmental systems, plans, programs, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies, including budgets, project management and performance standards
* Interprets EPA regulations, identifies impacts and coordinates changes
* Assists in the preparation of reports for EPA, State and local regulatory agencies
* Keeps employees current on environmental issues
* Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards
* Drives waste minimization initiatives
* Oversees/performs industrial hygiene testing and monitoring
* Provides technical expertise and support to site leaders and employees
* Implements environmental compliance initiatives. Leads employee teams for continuous improvement
* Tracks environmental inspections, audit findings and corrective actions
* Drives root cause analysis and corrective actions
* Manages the facilities' spill prevention program
* Acts as the primary "first responder" to environmental emergencies
* Establishes and maintains relationships with local, state and federal agencies and represents the Company in resolving incidents and limiting exposure
* Informs management of risks, changes and benefits/costs related to environmental issues/compliance
* Develops, implements and maintains equipment/process inspection programs (e.g., writing protocols, conducting inspections) to identify potential environmental hazards
* Maintains records of waste disposals in accordance with Federal, State and Local government requirements
* Prepares reports, maintains files, and communicates data associated with local, state, and federal regulatory guidelines including those set forth by EPA, State EPA's, and other state and local environmental regulatory agencies. Supports compliance with federal, state, and local environmental laws
* Facilitates, arranges and conducts environmental related training
* Recommends changes in environmental policies and procedures
* Bachelor's degree from four-year accredited college or university in one of the following technical areas of study: chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering
* 5+ years experience
* Experience in environmental technology, regulatory concepts and requirements:
* Solid Waste Management
* Storm Water, Wastewater and Process Water
* Clean Air Act
* Spill prevention and control
* Form R Completion
* Multimedia Record keeping and Reporting
* Environmental Management Systems, Auditing and Due Diligence
* Experience with environmental regulatory agencies
* Ability to analyze information, solve problems, prioritize tasks, and manage time effectively
* Excellent organization, communication (oral & written), and interpersonal skills
* Certified wastewater pretreatment operator
* CHMM, CIH, or other similar qualifications
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please call the Luxottica Ethics Compliance Hotline at 1-888-887-3348 (be sure to provide your name and contact information so that we may follow up in a timely manner).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, social origin, social condition, being perceived as a victim of domestic violence, sexual aggression or stalking, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, ancestry, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. Native Americans receive preference in accordance with Tribal Law.