The EHS Manager supports the site EHS program by providing environmental, health and safety training, implementation of EHS programs, enforcement of policies and procedures and recommending improvements. The position is also responsible for driving world class excellence standards in Distribution processes; directs and promotes safe and healthy working conditions, assesses, inspects and recommends measures for the reduction and elimination of environmental, safety and health risks; develops EHS programs, inspects satellite accumulations and hazardous waste storage areas, oversight of the inspection, testing, and maintenance of EHS protective systems, and assures operations comply with applicable EHS laws/regulations, good business practices and company requirements.
* Verifies compliance with EHS regulations and ensures all necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
* Drive a Zero Incident Culture for all employees.
* Coordinate activities necessary to ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal environmental and safety regulations.
* Leading the Ergonomics, Behavior Based Safety, Safety MDI and problem solving around distribution safety metrics.
* Performing root cause analysis of all EHS incidents, including near misses.
* Understand and participate in management of workers' compensation claims.
* Log and track safety suggestions to completion.
* Attend and assist supervisors with toolbox talks and leading EHS weekly meetings.
* Participate in the Emergency Response Team (ERT) for the facility.
* Assist with the coordination of EHS-related contractor activities including authorizing purchase requisitions and approving contractor work plans.
Minimum Degree Required:
* Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university preferred
* Degree 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with an EHS Management System, Behavior Based Safety, and Ergonomic assessments. Lean Transformational experience preferred.
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com [firstname.lastname@example.org] or by phone at 417-873-5330.
Bass Pro Shops