Filer, ID Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Biologist (Entry)-Biological R&D-R&D-CS-US Description:
- We are seeking a technician with extensive experience working with wheat or other plants in greenhouse/growth chamber (GH/GC) setting.
- Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in Horticulture, Plant Biology, Plant Molecular Biology or other related fields with laboratory experience.
- Candidate will be expected to routinely handle the growth and maintenance of plants in GH/GC and assist in the design and supervised or independent execution of experiments for research purposes. This position requires a highly motivated and results-oriented team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and scientific depth.
- The day to day in this role is a lot of manual labor including watering plants, cleaning growth chambers, carrying out treatments whether physical treatment or chemical, making fertilizer, handling pollination and taking notes over progress of the plants. data recording, entering, error checks and analysis. They will not start out doing this but is an eventual expectation.
- The exciting part of this role is that the current experiments we are working on will go straight to production and affect farmers in the field. Our work is new and has the potential to cause an immediate effect for the company and eventual effects for the customers. The candidate also has room to grow and gain more research experience and share possible ideas for experimentation.
- 40 hours weekday, with occasional weekend or holiday works
Attention to details, organization skills, planning skills, flexibility, biology background, hand dexterity, positive attitude.Nice to Haves:
Curiosity, big-picture perspective, mental agility, knowledge of plant physiology and morphology. Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com