Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has a great opportunity for an Environmental Scientist or Engineer
to be base in our Lake Charles, LA office. Working within one of our Contaminated Assessment & Remediation teams, you will
Qualifications and skill set:
- Work under the supervision of senior contamination assessment and remediation team leaders
- Perform field work in seasonally harsh weather conditions, including the collection of groundwater samples, soil samples, and associated remediation system samples (soil vapor, ambient air, etc.)
- Keep record of field data and observations with a high attention to detail
- Implement work plans in the field with limited supervision
- Coordinate and implement field work with some supervision
- Propose field problems/work changes for review
- Develop technical solutions using standard engineering/scientific methods on assignments of limited scope and complexity, usually minor phases of broader assignments
- Prepare more complex plans, designs, tables, etc., including non-routine calculations
- Prepare a presentation of results
- Prepare data summaries and interpretation of data for review
- Prepare initial drafts of correspondence, reports, work plans, specifications, etc. for internal and/or external (client) review
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Engineering, Geology, or Science) degree.
- 0 - 3 years' experience
- Ability to travel for field projects up to 50-90% of the time
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification and/or TWIC is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work both independently and with a team of other geologists, engineers, and scientists
- Attention to detail, self-motivated, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle a diverse and exciting workload
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.