Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
We are seeking a talented mid-level Environmental Engineer
or Scientist for our Environmental Services team in Farmington Hills, MI
. This is an opportunity to leverage your local knowledge and be involved in challenging projects that will offer an opportunity to provide technical solutions.
You will be involved with project coordination, field observation, contractor supervision, multi-media sampling and reporting. Under the direction of our project managers, you will plan and implement field health and safety protocols, perform field analysis, inspections and assessments, data analysis, environmental technical reporting, and assist in more complex tasks, as required. We are seeking someone who is enthusiastic about the environmental consulting industry.
We offer a professional, friendly and collaborative work environment predicated on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity. We also provide an active social club and opportunity for professional development through the GHD Business School. The successful candidate will be interested in performing a wide variety of duties for assessment and remediation projects in Michigan to include:
The ideal candidate will have the following
- Contributing to the preparation of proposals and bids for projects
- Planning and implementing environmental field work and reporting for investigation and remediaiton projects
- Conducting field tasks such as oversight of contractors, soil/soil gas sampling, supervision of monitoring well installation, groundwater monitoring, due diligence assessments, and remediation system implementation and support
- Preparing correspondence, technical reports, permit applications, standardized documents and work plans for internal and client review
- Coordinate multiple projects and interface with clients and government agencies
- B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering or a related field of study
- 3 - 5 years of previous environmental experience including the management, investigation, remediation and monitoring of environmental projects
- Knowledge of environmental regulations for Michigan
- Willing and able to travel to job sites
- Experience with soil and groundwater assessment and remediation projects
- Strong detail-oriented, time management and technical skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team of engineers, scientists and geologists
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Current OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.