Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Specialist
Our goal is to become the leading provider of sustainable solutions in the coatings segment to support our vision to protect & beautify the world. We are seeking a Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) Specialist to work within our in-house Product Sustainability Community of Expertise (CoE) to assist to develop processes, tools, and technical expertise as well as perform life cycle analysis (LCA), Environmental Product Declarations (EDPs), Health Product Declarations (HPDs), and carbon/environmental footprints for our products to support our businesses and customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks
• Conduct LCA modeling in SimaPro or similar LCA database to meet LCA requirements of our businesses.
• Contribute to the development of specifications for the design and prototyping of an LCA toolset and other product declarations.
• Conduct a variety of life cycle analyses to support the delivery of sustainability solutions, e.g. corporate organizational and/or product environmental footprinting
• Prepare clear and compelling reports, presentations of analyses, and recommendations for businesses
• At least 5-7 years of experience in LCA modeling relevant to climate change impacts and benefits within corporate value chains
• Degree in environmental science or similar discipline, with a specialization in LCA
• Familiarity with LCA databases (e.g., Simipro, Ecoinvent, etc.) and in-depth knowledge of database management
• Familiarity with LCA standards & guidelines (e.g., Product Category Rules (PCRs), ISO 14040/44)
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
• Works independently and on schedule
• Attention to detail and quality
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1st shift hours. No OT expected.
*This role would ideally be for someone local but could be remote for the right fit. This role could also be a hybrid schedule depending on the candidate's level of experience. Safety-Sensitive Job? No Medical Screening Category Office Contract
Staffmark is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.