WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's team members support customers around the world from locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.Environmental Chemist
600 North 8th Street
Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034
United StatesEnvironmental ChemistJob Description:
Conduct wastewater treatment plant and mill process sampling and perform in-house analytical testing for wastewater permit compliance. Perform methanol analysis using gas chromatograph. Provide backup support for the wastewater engineer and technical support to the wastewater treatment operations group. Maintain environmental lab NELAC certification.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather daily wastewater treatment plant and mill process samples.
- Support operations in the functioning of the wastewater treatment plant, including, but not limited to: watching operational parameters, performing microscopic analysis of system microbiology and providing input on system adjustments.
- Wastewater treatment plant operator's certification a plus and will be required within 12-months of hire.Conduct physical and chemical tests on daily wastewater samples for permit compliance.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and order all supplies as needed.
- Analyze samples by gas chromatography for methanol.
- Maintain NELAC certification for environmental laboratory.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or Chemistry, or other science degree and experience in environmental compliance at a manufacturing facility or in a laboratory setting.
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient computer skills (including MS Office, most importantly Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Willing and able to walk and work in an industrial location indoors or outdoors, including walking up and down steps and ladders with all safety equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, gloves, steel-toed shoes, etc.).