US Tech Solutions is seeking a " Molecular Biology Technician " for a 09+ month contract position with a client in Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, 20878 Job Poster: Yash Vardhan Job Title : Molecular Biology Technician Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA, 20878 Duration: 09+ Months (High Possibility of extension) Shift: 1st Shift 8AM-5PM (Tuesday-Saturday) Description:
The Molecular Biology Technician role will involve fully automated RNA extraction and RT-PCR workflows. You will need to be comfortable performing this while using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Major Duties and Responsibilities (including supervising others):
- Receive samples and reconcile manifest
- Operate Beckman robotics systems to perform tube to plate transfer and automated magnetic bead RNA extraction procedures and track samples through the LIMS system
- Perform RT-PCR reaction setup including manual pipetting as well as automated plate preparation using benchtop automation equipment
- Run plates on different qPCR instruments
- QC the data when it is available
- Alerting laboratory management of any data issues
- Report results by appropriate file transfer
- Strictly adhere to the specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Scientific Bachelor's degree required.
- Work in BSL2 laboratory with previous experience of automation and molecular biology techniques required.
- Experience working in a Biological Safety Cabinet required.
- Experience working in a CLIA environment preferred.
- Clinical diagnostics background preferred.
Job Requirements:About US Tech Solutions:
- Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised.
- Work with samples which may contain SARS-CoV-2.
- Attention to detail to ensure quality results
- Working and communicating across a fast-paced cross organizational team.
- Ability to rigorously follow SOPs.
- Alternative pattern shift work
- Ability to follow laboratory specified documentation practices
- Ability to handle human specimens with appropriate precautions
- Ability to follow CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) procedures
Your talent, our opportunities - This is the premise behind US Tech Solutions.
You have the skill we have the opportunity. As a team, we work passionately for you to get the right career opportunity across industry verticals and functions. For past sixteen years, leading Global
Companies and Fortune 500 come to us to get the right talent. Whether you want to work as full-time, contractor or part-time, technical or non-technical our talent consultants will connect with the right career opportunity globally.
Connect with our talent team today.
USTECH was founded in 2000 by Manoj Agarwal. Today, we are a global firm offering talent solutions to 150 customers including 20% of Fortune 500 across Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Technology, Manufacturing, and Engineering. We are headquartered in New Jersey with 40 global locations across the USA, Canada, Europe, and India. Deloitte has recognized USTECH as one of the fastest growing private businesses for the past five consecutive years and INC 500 for the past three. We have also been rated "The Top Business in the US" by Diversity Business since 2011. To learn more about how US Tech Solutions visit our website: www.ustechsolutions.com. "U.S. Tech Solutions, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply: Interested candidates are requested to send their resume to Yash Vardhan at firstname.lastname@example.org