A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Your Role:
- Identify, evaluate and develop new innovative technologies that address the evolving needs of the Life Science research community.
- Provide technical leadership for product and application development processes. Expected to follow scientific literature and provide technology trends and market competitive analysis overview to managers and executives as required.
- Lead optimization and development of technologies from ideation to product commercialization.
- Provide necessary applications and technical support for internal and external customers
- Proactively resolve quality issues on existing products and prepare technical reports to ensure successful training and transfer of solutions to manufacturing groups.
Who you are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber, protective gloves, safety glasses, and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents
- Ph.D in cell biology and/or molecular biology
- 2+ years of Postdoc work or life science industry experience in cell biology
- Experience with 3D cell culture (i.e. organoids)
- Experience with creating and using patient-derived organoids is preferred.
- Experience with human stem cells and application of CRISPR technology for genetic engineering is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze, troubleshoot and overcome technical hurdles
- Ability to work well with a cross-functional team.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.