Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, transportation, and urbanization. Our Natural Resources & Impact Assessment Group provides environmental impact documentation and permitting services for a broad range of exciting clients and projects, working across multiple market sectors and geographies. GHD
is looking for an Environmental Planner
to work in our Eureka, California
office. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare environmental impact analyses in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and/or National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for a wide range of projects including water, maritime and coastal, restoration, energy, transportation, and land use development.
- Collect, interpret, and organize a variety of data in multiple formats.
- Conduct research and coordinate with public and private clients, internal and external engineering partners, technical sub-consultants, and regulatory/resource agencies.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting project directors, project managers, and deputy project managers based on the size and complexity of the project.
- BA/BS or higher, in environmental sciences, biology, urban planning, geography, public administration, or a closely related field. Professional certifications are a plus.
- Minimum three years of experience providing most or all essential duties and responsibilities noted above. Project experience involving environmental documents and/or permitting for federal and state agencies is attractive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, team player, and ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Dedication to producing quality work within established budgets and schedules.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other MS Office Suite software, and internet research applications.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status.