Certified Laboratories has a new challenging and rewarding opportunity for a self-motivated Microbiology Laboratory Technician
who is committed to achieving the highest level of food safety and quality through efficient and accurate food microbiology preparation and analysis. This key role will work with a group of analysts and technicians to ensure quality data, timely results, and compliance to ISO 17025 and FDA standards. Ideal candidate will be capable of working the late shift and flexible or long hours due to special projects.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Aseptically performs sampling, plating, and testing of product daily assigned by Management such as; E.coli 0157 and 24 hour Salmonella testing.
- Prepare, review, and report results of microbiological analyses.
- Proactively maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure sample turnaround time goals as well as other key performance indicators are met or exceeded; this includes, but not limited to sample preparation for sample analysis, data review and reduction, and providing data interpretations and opinion.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of food and timely reporting of test results.
- Identify and communicate results that require further investigation or discussion with Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining quality system records to comply with all accrediting agencies; including documentation of temperatures and maintenance of equipment/instruments.
- Learn new techniques and technologies as appropriate.
- Works effectively with other departments.
- BS degree required preferably in Biology/Microbiology or related sciences.
- Experience with aseptic technique, food microbiology, or other culture-based microbiology lab experience is desirable.
- Strong relevant qualitative and quantitative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, high-level organizational skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Must possess strong communication skills (verbal/written) to document test results and exchange test information with supervisors and other departments.
- Strong manual dexterity and ability to distinguish colors.
- Excellent computer skills required; knowledge of LabWare LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) desirable.
We value our employees as they are the key to our success. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary with an extensive benefits package. We work to maintain a progressive and collaborative work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
Certified Laboratories, Inc. is a nationally recognized laboratory. We are one of the largest, private, independent laboratories in the nation and are located in New York, Illinois, and California. Each of our laboratories has its own area of expertise and is acknowledged as a leader in the field of food safety and analysis.
Certified Laboratories values diversity in its workforce. The company is firmly committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and will administer its policies in a manner that treats each employee and applicant for employment on the basis of merit. Certified Laboratories will take affirmative action to seek out qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status .
Company DescriptionCertified Group is one of the largest independent laboratories, comprised of four nationally recognized laboratories. Located in New York, Illinois, Texas, Southern and Northern California, each of these laboratories has developed its own area of expertise and is an acknowledged leader in the field of food safety and analysis.