The teaching assignment may be at the Liberal Arts campus, the Pacific Coast campus or other college teaching locations. The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. Part-time faculty positions are as needed positions and do not accrue rights to tenure. Part-time faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the most diverse community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs.
1. Master's in any biological science; OR,
2. Bachelor's in any biological science AND Master's in biochemistry, biophysics, or marine science; OR,
3. Hold a valid credential to teach in the discipline; OR,
4. The equivalent
5. Evidence of a sensitivity, understanding, and ability to manage the classroom environment AND effectively provide instruction to community college students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
1. Recent community college or lower division teaching experience.
2. Expertise in field of course(s) to be taught.
Salary is commensurate with academic preparation.
Interested Qualified Candidates must submit:
* Long Beach Community College District Application
* Current Resume
* Complete transcripts of ALL lower and upper division, and graduate level college/university course work*Online
* Transcripts from countries other than the United States must be evaluated by a member of NACES (National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services), such as the International Educational Research Foundation, Inc., Credentials Evaluation Service.
LONG BEACH COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The Long Beach Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
If you require accommodations in the Application or Examination Process, please notify Human Resources atleast two days prior to the closing date, by calling .