Job DescriptionFORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Biology for the College of Arts and Science
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area. JOB SUMMARY:
This position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure track position in the area of Biology in the Department of Science. The Assistant/Associate Professor will teach undergraduate level courses related to Biology as needed by the Department. The Assistant/Associate Professor will also develop collaborations with faculty in the Department, College, and University as well as assist with departmental activities and initiatives.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate level Biology and related courses in a face-to-face, online, or hybrid format.
- Teach courses as assigned by the department chair every semester and maintain office hours (a minimum of 10 hours per week).
- Advise students; actively participate in recruitment of students.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to research and strengthening the programs in the department.
- Assist students in acquiring internships and job placement.
- Serve on departmental, college, and university level committees.
- Participate in seeking of extramural funding for research and educational programs.
- Participate in continuous assessment of program-level and student learning outcomes.
- Participate in community service and outreach programs on behalf of the institution.
- Provide service to the University and professional organizations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- D. in Biology/Zoology/Biological Sciences.
- Coursework or inclination in research and teaching in the following areas; Ecology, Limnology, Ornithology, Fisheries Biology/Aquaculture.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Excellent analytical, oral, written communication skills and team work.
- 2-3 years' experience at the university level.
- Prior experience in teaching Wildlife, Fisheries, Ecology, Ornithology and Ichthyology.
- Ability to create inclusive environments in which a diverse array of students can learn and thrive.
- Demonstrated success in research and scholarly activities.
This position is opened until filled. The finalists will be required to submit to background investigation consistent with the policy of the University System of Georgia. Additional information about FVSU is available at http://www.fvsu.edu/
This position starts January 19, 2021. For full consideration, all required documents must be submitted. The reviewing and interviewing of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.The application packet must include the following:
- A letter of interest that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts;
- At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants);
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact FVSU's Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or (478)825-6301.
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form Job Posted by ApplicantPro