Research Associate, Cell Biology/Cellular Pharmacology
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and collaborative individual with expertise in Cell Biology/Cellular Pharmacology to join our team. The successful candidate will play an important role in our programs, bringing their expertise to bear on the discovery and development of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies to novel targets in the areas of fibrosis, inflammation and oncology.
Laboratory duties will include in vitro functional assays, mammalian cell culture, ELISA, RNA/protein expression and cell-based immunofluorescence and signaling assays. The candidate should also be able to learn new laboratory techniques efficiently, troubleshoot experiments, consult the scientific literature, ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard, and be able to present those results in a clear concise manner. The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced team environment, work with experienced professionals to further develop cutting edge laboratory methodologies, and make a major contribution to bringing new candidate medicines forward for clinical development. Qualifications
- BA/BS in biology-related discipline with 2-4 years of laboratory research experience
- Experience in cell culture, ELISA, immunofluorescence, and RNA/protein expression assays
- Familiarity with fibrosis and inflammation is a plus
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications with ability to convey complex concepts in an efficient manner
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce highly accurate and consistent results
- Highly collaborative with a strong interest in being part of a team
- Demonstrated work ethic, ability to take initiative, anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment.
- Established track record of honesty, transparency, and treating everyone with respect.
- May be called upon for occasional weekend work