Triton Systems, a business and technology incubator, offers a challenging and rewarding environment where a diverse field of projects give you invaluable experience in developing new and enabling technologies for many markets. You will have exciting opportunities to work with Department of Defense agencies as well as new venture startups as you research and develop new ideas that are moved through the commercialization pipeline. We have developed and spunoff a wide range of technology incubated within the company including cancer treatment (www.adurobiotech.com), microsensors and micro-fabricated components (www.sensera.com), flame retardant plastics (www.frxpolymers.com), high strength aluminum composite material (www.fracomp.com), waste water treatment (www.emefcy.com) and many more.
The DTMD group of Triton Systems is currently seeking proficient scientists with microbiology and biochemistry backgrounds for fast-paced programs with strict deadlinesResponsibilities:
- Initiate, and execute microbiology and biochemistry based projects for in-vitro diagnostics.
- Develop immunoassay methods and write assay validation protocols.
- Make decisions involving designing, performing, and troubleshooting research experiments.
- Maintain materials report database and document lab results into reports.
- Read the relevant publications/literature to stay updated in the field.
- Assist in writing competitive proposals.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Communicate, brainstorm and collaborate with a diverse, close-knit team.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Synthetic Biology, Biological Engineering or relevant fields.
- 2+ years of experience after graduation in the relevant field either in academia (postdoctoral work) or industry.
- Demonstrated strong background in microbiology, molecular biology, synthetic biology, genetics, protein biochemistry and nucleic acid biochemistry.
- Demonstrated knowledge in molecular diagnostics, in-vitro diagnostic assay development.
- Experience with CRISPR technologies.
- Experience with microfluidics is a plus.
- Ability and enthusiasm for learning new skills and developing new techniques.
- Highly motivated, hardworking and curious individual with the ability to think innovatively about difficult research problems.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills. Must have strong attention to details.
- Must possess a high level of motivation, initiative and sense of urgency.
- Experience with programming languages is a plus.
- Excited for continuous professional development
* Because of the nature of our business and the information associated with these positions, Permanent Residents & U.S. Citizens can be considered.*
*** The hired person will directly report the Director of Disruptive Technologies and Materials Design. He/she will work with the existing team to support and build on current efforts, and also have the opportunity to participate in the creation of new initiatives in strategically targeted areas.
Come join our success and grow with the strength of these fascinating new technologies. We are looking for individuals with confidence and the right stuff. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits package.
Triton Systems, Inc. Headquarters is located at 330 Billerica Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824. We are an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/VEEO. We strongly encourage qualified women and minorities to apply. To apply, please follow the link on our careers page at: http://www.tritonsystems.com/ Recruitment-type Agencies, at this time, Triton Systems, is not seeking any outside assistance to find qualified employees. Job Posted by ApplicantPro