Rich's, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich's is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich's®-Infinite Possibilities. One Family.PURPOSE STATEMENT
Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for managing the plant occupational safety program (OSHA), Local, State & Federal Regulatory & Environmental compliance, Worker's Compensation compliance program and the EH&S Training program. The EH&S Manager also acts as the main liaison between the plant associate's safety activities and the Management and Corporate EH&S Team.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/OUTCOMES
- Subject Matter Expert on all associate Safety, Environmental and Regulatory matters, provides coaching and support to plant teams.
- Development and implementation of site-specific policies and procedures within corporate guidelines for assigned locations.
- Conducts Safety, Environmental and Regulatory audits of the facility in order to evaluate compliance, identify areas for improvement and communicates them directly to the department managers and the Plant Manager.
- Responsible to ensure local plant activities are being conducted as defined under local Regulatory compliance and within Rich's Enterprise Safety Foundations.
- Coordinates training and/or training materials to all plant associates (hourly, leaders, management) in all safety and regulatory programs, documents, and tracks training compliance.
- Leader of the Accident Investigation team, utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to include 6W2H & 5 Why's or similar techniques to identify causes and corrective actions to prevent similar occurrences.
- Leads behavioral based safety program including managing daily/weekly observations and corrective actions.
- Establishes and directs the plant safety committees and their activities.
- Conducts routine weekly safety audits of identified plant process to identify
- Main contact with RPC Corporate regarding the Workers Compensation program and back to work policies.
- Assists Plant Leadership in identifying and correcting unsafe behaviors and unsafe conditions to drive a Zero Injury state.
- Provide EH&S oversight on large plant projects, conducts Pre-Start Safety Reviews on all equipment installs and upgrades.
- Administration, documentation, and proper filing of OSHA's Record keeping Standards 29CFR1904, Accident Reports, 300 Log & Form 301, as well as other Regulatory and Safety Compliance documentation.
- Plant contact for our medical clinic, nurse case managers and insurance carrier representative concerning medical restrictions
- Assist plant leadership with the design, layout and implementation of access control, CCTV, security systems, security contracts and building safety measures while maintaining consistency and integration with corporate systems.
- Any other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Extensive Knowledge of: OSHA/EPA regulations (29 CFR, 1910 & 1926; 40 CFR) applicable to manufacturing.
- Working Knowledge of Industrial Hygiene, Labor Relations, Loss Control, Basic Engineering Principles
- Extensive Knowledge of State specific Workers' Compensation Law/Regulations
- Completion of OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Course.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with multiple and conflicting workload requirements
- Education - BS degree required with minimum 5-10 years progressively responsible manufacturing safety, industrial safety & regulatory work experience. Professional Certificated (CSP, CSHM, CHMM) desired but not mandatory.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Rich's"), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich's. Please contact Rich's Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.