*Staff Scientist- Molecular Biology*
Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. This key role will play a valuable part in our efforts*.*
Do you have a passion for innovative ideas and groundbreaking discoveries? Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business. With over $1 billion invested annually in R&D, at Thermo Fisher Scientific you'll help solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We empower our teams to put science into meaningful action and give our R&D colleagues the autonomy, resources and tools they need to take science a step beyond.
*US - South San Francisco, CA*
*Genetic Sciences Division: Genetic Testing Solutions*
*How will you make an impact?*
The Genetic Testing Solutions group is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Staff Scientist to work on a team developing qPCR based microbial detection applications for regulated markets. The candidate will have strong cross functional skills, a broad understanding of molecular biology and/or biotechnology, and an understanding of regulated product development (CE-IVD or US IVD) and QRS systems. The ability to collaborate effectively as part of a cross functional team including R&D and external partners is essential.
*What will you do?*
* Write protocols and reports required for development of regulated products
* Oversee execution of studies by external CRO's which can also include mentorship and project lead responsibilities
* Execute laboratory procedures as necessary
* Potential to supervise 1-3 employees as group expands
* Effectively collaborate and handle the progress of cross-functional projects with technical due diligence
* Act as a liaison and align with functions such as manufacturing, R&D, quality, supply chain, and regulatory to ensure processes are robust
* Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills.
*How will you get here?*
* BS Degree, 10 years / MS Degree, 8+ years / PhD Degree, 3-5 years of industry experience
* Experience with real-time PCR and molecular diagnostics assays
* Excellent organization and communication skills
* Supervisory/Management experience preferred
* Multi-faceted experience in IVD and/or cGMP product development preferred.
* Understanding of Quality Systems Regulations
* Must be highly collaborative; enjoys working in a diverse team and contributes to a positive work environment
* Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
* Demonstrated resourcefulness, strategic and analytical thinking and directed toward achieving objectives
* Adapt to fast-paced environment and project priority shift effectively and efficiently
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit [www.thermofisher.com](http://www.thermofisher.com).