Under general direction of senior research staff, conducts activities to support research projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.Research Assistant II - Integrative Biology & Pharmacology - Bioinformatics, Computer, Programming , Statistics
Performs and reports on bioinformatics analysis under the supervision of the primary investigator. Meets with collaborators to understand the project so that the appropriate analysis can be developed. Communicates the plan, methods, and results of the analyses. Maintains organized data and results.Position Key Accountabilities:
- POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Communicates complex technical issues to collaborators.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative research procedures in various areas of biology, chemistry, physics, and other biomedical, dental, or related scientific areas.
- Conducts experiments using advanced computational methods.
- Communicates results by generating appropriate figures, text, and presentations.
- Documents and organizes procedures, data, and results.
- Performs IT and maintenance services as necessary.
- Manage administrative issues relevant to analyses, including time tracking and billing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General knowledge and some detailed concepts of research field assigned.Minimum Education:
Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.Minimum Experience:
One year of related experience in a research or clinical lab environment.
May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.Physical Requirements:
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.Security Sensitive:
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215