JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple
western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
- JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES - Provides advanced technical and scientific expertise in extremely complex scientific areas.
- Provides guidance and analysis for resolution of specific problems.
- Recommends general methods of investigation to be followed in scientific programs.
- Interprets results and develops solutions to specific technical problems.
- Recommends and plans studies for original or advanced customer scientific problems.
- Initiates studies and determines the techniques or methods involved to accomplish given objectives.
- Performs basic research to expand the knowledge base in specific technical areas.
- Analyzes reports, studies, and history of a technical problem.
Prepares technical and managerial reports, which outline solution options, feasibility, and recommendations to address the problem.OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES -
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.WORKING CONDITIONS -
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds); constant sitting and use of a computer terminal; constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents; constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication; and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION -
Provides multi-media compliance support to the 412th Maintenance Group at Edwards AFB, Act as liaison between Maintenance Group and Base Environmental Management Office. Support includes:
- Consultation in implementing an Environmental Management System
- Air quality compliance via audits of permitted equipment and recordkeeping
- Hazardous material management providing training on use of EESOH database in tracking, authorization and usage. Provide audits of hazardous material storage and issue locations.
- Hazardous waste management to ensure compliance at initial accumulation points and 90-day accumulation points. Provide audits of hazardous waste sites.
- Storage tank management to include audits and recordkeeping assistance
- Support of other compliance (waste water, solid waste, petroleum, oil and lubricants (POL), etc.) and pollution prevention as require
- Provide bi-monthly environmental briefing at Maintenance Group newcomers briefing.
- Provide briefings, as required, at Edwards AFB Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Council meetings.
Provide other environmental compliance support and consultation as requiredREQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE -
An accredited bachelor's degree in a related engineering, mathematics, or scientific discipline plus 2 years experience or an accredited master's degree in a related area is required. Must have a working knowledge of applicable scientific methods and principles. The incumbent should have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based modeling and analysis tools. Incumbent will be required to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and must have a valid, current state driver's license. Incumbent must obtain flightline driver's permit and be willing and able to drive to sites up and down the flightline.The incumbent must possess a valid, state issued driver's license. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen.DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified.