Under general direction of senior research staff, conducts activities to support research projects. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Conducts research activities, under general direction, according to research. Research activities may include some or all of the following: patient recruiting and screening, traditional laboratory experiments and activities, informatics, field interviewer recruiting, screening and training and/or animal laboratories.
- Maintains adequate level of lab supplies to assure timely achievement of lab activities.
- Maintains accurate and timely records to include notebooks, records, databases, etc. as needed by the research project.
- Monitors laboratory and/or other supplies to ensure sufficient inventory to support research projects. Ensures quality of reagents or other supplies.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department
- As needed, coordinates the work of laboratory technicians, support staff and other assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results. Answers questions or resolves problems regarding routine or more complex duties.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
- May participate in continuing education programs, workshops and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
General knowledge and some detailed concepts of research field assigned.Minimum Education:
Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.Minimum Experience:
One year of related experience in a research or clinical lab environment.
May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.Physical Requirements:
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.Security Sensitive:
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215