We are looking for a Research Assistant II who will work with internal medicine on a project that requires the employee to propagate and differentiate induced pluripotent stem cells, You must have previous experience with cell culture and molecular biology (DNA extraction, qPCR). You will be working in a lab and reporting directly to the doctor in charge of this project. You will be under general direction of senior research staff, conducting activities to support research projects. You must be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices.
This is a full time position that is eligible for all benefits from UTHealth inlcuding employer paid healthcare coverage and participation in a pension plan run by the State of Texas. Your work location will be in our McGovern Medical School which is in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. The building is right off the Metro Rail service line.Position Key Accountabilities:
- Conducts research activities, under general direction, according to research. Research activities may include some or all of the following: patient recruiting and screening, traditional laboratory experiments and activities, informatics, field interviewer recruiting, screening and training and/or animal laboratories.
- Maintains adequate level of lab supplies to assure timely achievement of lab activities.
- Maintains accurate and timely records to include notebooks, records, databases, etc. as needed by the research project.
- Monitors laboratory and/or other supplies to ensure sufficient inventory to support research projects. Ensures quality of reagents or other supplies.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department
- As needed, coordinates the work of laboratory technicians, support staff and other assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results. Answers questions or resolves problems regarding routine or more complex duties.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
- May participate in continuing education programs, workshops and seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have previous experience with cell culture and molecular biology (DNA extraction, qPCR)Minimum Education:
At least a Bachelor's degree .Minimum Experience:
One year of related experience in a research or clinical lab environment.Physical Requirements:
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.Security Sensitive:
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215