Lab.BLST.Tech.General Broken Glass Safer World (https://ul.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppInert&action=download&id=296971&hashed=-1010384451)
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
* Examines test samples and reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, measuring instruments, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance and reviews test and construction data with supervisor.
* Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups.
* Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
* Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. May communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
* Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
* Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
* Associate's degree in science, electronics, mathmatics, or similar.
* Strong mechanical knowledge.
* Laboratory testing, assembly, or maintenance experience preferred.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
* Ability to wear PPE and lift up to 50 lbs.
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place. Business related travel on behalf of UL requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
* Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isnt new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
* People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and youll almost always hear, the people. Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. Were able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
* Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. Were inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
* Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
* Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.