Environmental Engineer - (21002093)Description
Howmet Fastening Systems is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Engineer to assist in implementing and maintaining company policies adhering to local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety (EHS) regulations. Grow your career at a global company with best-in-class EHS programs. This position is located at the HFS aerospace manufacturing facility in Torrance, CA.Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure Compliance with Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) Requirements.
- Supports location EHS Manager in the overall process implementation oversight.
- Supports development and implementation of the EHS management system (ISO 14001).
- Writes procedures, administers requirements, and conducts recordkeeping.
- Assists to investigate all EHS incidents.
- Coordinate the development of systems to ensure incidents/quarterly metrics are kept per Howmet guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all EHS regulatory requirements and Howmet standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of EHS Management Systems.
- Provides direction and oversight for the respective EHS Single Point Accountability (SPA).
- Coordinate EHS training programs and provides training for employees as needed.
- Participate in investigation teams as required to assure prompt, thorough incident review and makes appropriate corrective action recommendations.
- Participates in continuing professional education - Staying current and competent in the respective H&S profession through seminars, courses, literature review, etc.
- Prepares and submits reports as required as assigned to Howmet and all local, state, and federal regulatory bodies.
- Participate and lead EHS Council activities.
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of environmental regulation and compliance (AQMD, RCRA, etc.)
- Must be highly organized; able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to present training material in a clear and understandable manner; ability to read, write and understand English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Minimum of five (5) years' of Environmental experience
- Bachelor's Degree in from an accredited institution in Environmental Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 5 year of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with enviornmental regulatory compliance
- Generalist environmental experience (all disciplines - water, waste, air, chemical)
- Experience with Ergonomic assessments
United States-CA-TorranceWork Locations:
US SBD South Bay, California 3000 W Lomita Blvd. Torrance 90505Job:
36060-96100 EHS PAEShift:
Day JobJob Type:
ExperiencedHourly Paid or Salaried:
Sep 17, 2021, 2:04:18 PMMinimum Years of Experience:
5Remote Work Schedule Availability:
NoneEOE, including Disability/Vets