Job Description Job ID:21004936
As a Sr. Safety Specialist - Environmental Health and Safety, you will be responsible for ensuring Windstream facilities and employees are in compliance with local, state, and federal OSHA, EPA, and DOT requirements. Prepare and submit accurate safety reports, OSHA Log, and accident investigations on a timely basis. Lead and or participate in and/or monitor site processes, specifically, incident/accident investigations, inspections and audits, process safety, training, and behavior safety. Auditor and Inspector of Windstream facilities, personnel, and equipment. Develop, review, and revise the organization's safety practices.
Provide Manager Training and PowerPoint presentations for all safety programs. Health and Safety Instructor for all newly hired technicians and existing technicians providing guidance on occupational hazards of the job.
This position will report to the Director of Risk Management.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Provide support to all areas of Windstream to accomplish the Companys safety and environmental goals.
- Assist with planning, establishing, implementing, training and maintaining a variety of environmental, health and safety programs.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, industry, and company requirements.
- Help create a safety and environmental culture throughout the organization.
- Assist in the development, implementation and success of environmental, safety and health programs.
- Compile, analyze and interpret accident and incident data. Review and recommend new training opportunities and ways to minimize the risk associated with the data.
- Teach and train employees in several areas of safety and environmental compliance.
- Maintain compliance with all environmental laws and regulations; including recordkeeping, filing of Tier II reports, updating SPCC plans, air permitting, etc.
- Review, revise, and develop safety and health best practices for employees.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA, DOT and EPA regulations.
- Maintain environmental database.
- Evaluate "Go Green" projects for the Company and assist with annual Sustainability Reporting.
- Perform routine audits of facility records and compliance.
- Perform hazard analysis of workplace.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- ***20%-30% travel required.
Position will primarily focus on Health and Safety. Candidate should possess a BS/BA in Environmental Sciences or Health & Safety related degree. 5 to 10 years experience in a Health and Safety role, preferably at a large, multi-location/state entity.
Prior experience working with DOT, OSHA, and EPA. CSP : Certified Safety Professional preferred Desired Skills:
Job Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
- Project management
- Strong PC skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Training skills ability to develop and present safety and environmental training
- Telecommunications experience preferred.
College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 9 years professional level related experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience required.EEO Statement:
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.400493