2021-1572# of Openings :
Research & DevelopmentAddress:
10 Wilson RoadOverview
Civetta Therapeutics (located in Cambridge, MA) is developing novel therapeutics through the targeting of beta-propeller domain proteins. Beta-propellers are a class of highly conserved structural proteins that are implicated in a range of indications, including multiple types of cancer, neurodegenerative and metabolic diseases. Backed by Deerfield Management, Civetta was founded by William Sellers (Broad Institute and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute) and Eric Fischer (Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School) with the mission to leverage the wide array of biologic functions in which propeller proteins participate to discover impactful new medicines for patients.
We are building a team of talented, dedicated scientists who share our vision and our passion to discover groundbreaking new drugs to treat some of the most difficult diseases, including cancer. If you are an accomplished life sciences professional that can bring significant energy, passion and expertise to the team, we welcome the opportunity to consider you for a position in this exciting, new company committed to thorough, mechanistically driven science. The position.
The Scientist will be an integral member of the biology team at Civetta Therapeutics. The biology team is responsible for identifying and validating molecular targets, evaluating novel drug candidates, and providing forward-thinking approaches to advance our pre-clinical pipeline and proprietary platform. The Scientist will be responsible for independently designing and conducting cellular assays, determining the potency and mechanism of action of small molecule compounds, and contributing to the build-out of the platform technology. This is a hands-on position for an experienced lab scientist who enjoys working in the lab. The Scientist must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with a positive attitude in a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional team environment focused on high quality science to propel us in delivering innovative cancer therapeutics.ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities
- Independently create, develop and validate quantitative cell-based assays to address mechanistic and functional needs for pipeline projects and platform
- Establish robust screening assays to support lead optimization programs
- Collaborate with colleagues in cross-functional project teams to ensure assays meet the project needs and results are appropriately interpreted and communicated
- Participate in meetings to identify and solve problems, guide work towards project goals, communicate on-going work and progress, and plan forward thinking strategies
- Develop and continually advance one's knowledge base on the molecular pathways being targeted by our research projects
- Spend at least 75% of one's time at the bench
- Maintains laboratory notebook in a complete, consistent and concise manner in accordance with company policies and practices
- Future responsibilities may include supervision of other team members
- PhD in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Biochemistry or related field with 2+ years' experience in a biotech/pharma setting; or BS/MS in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Biochemistry or related disciplines with 7+ years' experience in a biotech/pharma setting
- Strong understanding of cancer biology and signal pathways
- Extensive experience in mammalian cell culture; creating, developing and running cellular assays, and interrogating biological pathways using chemical biology tools
- Strongly preferred skills include cell line engineering using CRISPR to create knock-out or knock-in of our genes of interest, functional genomics screens, and biomarker discovery
- Experience with general molecular biological techniques including molecular cloning, qPCR, ELISA, proximity-based assays, immunoprecipitations, Western blotting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact well with colleagues, vendors, CROs, and scientific advisors
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, documentation and multi-tasking skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individual wanting to work in the fast-paced and dynamic environment of a startup
Civetta Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Notice to Third-Party Recruiters/Staffing Agencies:
Recruitment is managed through Civetta Therapeutics' Human Resources department. Resumes will only be accepted from staffing agency/recruiters if there is a signed contract in place. Recruiters are requested to not contact our hiring managers or employees directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. In the event a staffing agency/third-party recruiter submits a resume without a contract in place, the candidate submitted will be considered unsolicited and treated as if the candidate submitted their resume directly to Civetta, and no fee/payment will be paid. Recruiters interested in working with Civetta Therapeutics can submit their information to email@example.com, and we will contact you if needed.