Associate Principal Scientist (Molecular Biology and Antibody Yeast Display)Job Description
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by November 1, 2021, or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by November 1, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, in accordance with applicable law.
Our Company's Discovery Biologics Protein Sciences Boston is seeking an Associate Principal Scientist with extensive experience on antibody discovery and in-depth knowledge on molecular engineering to join our biologics discovery team. The primary responsibility is to lead Adimab yeast display and molecular biology team and to manage molecular biology activities supporting high throughput protein production. The successful candidate will work closely with various functional groups in Biologics Discovery to develop the next generation of biologics. She/he will be responsible for generating DNA materials and data for the selection of lead therapeutic candidates. She/he will have the access to our cutting-edge discovery platform technologies and to contribute to therapeutic project teams. She/he will be expected to apply rigorous protein design and molecular biology principles to therapeutic protein discovery and development. This position will advance our science by both contributing from the bench and by managing a team of scientists.Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and support expansion of in-house molecular biology capabilities.
- Streamline Gene to Protein workflows in close collaboration with Protein Engineering and Protein Production groups to ensure timeliness of high-quality deliverables.
- Provide expertise in molecular biology and protein construct designs.
- Improve lab automation infrastructure for HTP Molecular Biology.
- Work with IT to support data management and workflow management objectives.
- Manage and execute antibody discovery campaigns using Adimab yeast display platform.
- Lead and train junior staff within the team to meet project goals.
- Maintain a timely and accurate laboratory record of all activities.
- Work within a multidisciplinary and cross-functional team to advance biologics lead candidates.
- PhD with 4+ years of relevant experience in Biological Sciences (Molecular Biology, Protein Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering), preferably in an industry setting; or MSc with significant and relevant experience.
- Expertise in antibody discovery using in vitro and in vivo platforms.
- Expertise in yeast display platform.
- Expertise in expression vector designs.
- Experience with high throughput molecular cloning methods.
- Experience with lab automation.
- Working knowledge of NGS and data analysis.
- Experience with supervising junior scientists.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Track record of scientific publications and/or intellectual property generation.
- Experience with hybridoma and B cell cloning.
- Familiarity with phage display, mammalian display or other display methods.
- Familiarity with protein purification and characterization.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HEREUS and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails. Employee Status:
Yes Travel Requirements:
No Travel RequiredFlexible Work Arrangements:
1st - DayValid Driving License:
NoHazardous Material(s):Number of Openings: