Immuno-Oncology Biologist Location:
Cambridge, MA Start date:
- Collaborate with colleagues in the larger group to develop & deliver immuno-oncology datasets that inform on biology and pharmacology of a drug target.
- Execute cellular and molecular immunology assays and/or biochemical assays to ensure rapid and high-quality data delivery.
- Analyze, interpret and effectively report data at team meetings.
- Troubleshoot assays to ensure high quality control.
- Interface closely with colleagues to ensure research is aligned to the scientific project goals.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of existing/emerging literature and cutting-edge techniques to make recommendations that shape the direction of biology research work.
- BS, MS or PhD degree in Immunology/Immuno-oncology or a related field.
- 3-5 years relevant research experience in immuno-oncology, preferably with an understanding and interest in small molecule drug discovery and/or pharmacology.
- Hands-on experience performing in vitro immunology or immuno-oncology biology assays.
- Experience with common immunological techniques - Flow cytometry, ELISA/MSD, Western blotting, qPCR.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the direction of a lab-based biology project, including experiment planning, execution and delivery of data.
- Strong ability to communicate research findings to project teams or researchers through oral/poster presentations or publications.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing in vitro immunology or immuno-oncology assays, including cell based, molecular and/or biochemical approaches.
- Expertise in T-cell biology, myeloid biology and immunoregulation.
- An understanding and interest in small molecule pharmacology.
- Experience performing flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, western blotting and other relevant immunological techniques.
- Experience with in vitro culture and assay of tumor cells is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to generate high quality figures or presentations.
- Experience with PowerPoint, MS word, GraphPad PRISM, FlowJo software.
- Self-motivated and a proven ability to work in a multifunctional team setting.
- Ability and desire to master new skills, methods and technologies that enhance departmental capabilities.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.