Yoh is seeking a mid- level Environmental Health & Safety Lead
to support our Genomics Client in the San Francisco Bay Area for a 3+ month contract to hire engagement (with bonus potential after conversion).
You will have the opportunity to join our Client's Environmental Health and Safety Group, which requires being the primary resource and owner of all hazardous waste reporting. Pay Rate
: Depending on experience Hours
: Must be flexible to working a mix of morning and afternoon shifts; possible weekend hours Industry:
: San Francisco Bay Area Type
: 3+ month contract, potential to convert full-time Responsibilities
- Hazardous Waste Management: Serves as the primary resource for all hazardous waste management, collection, disposal, and support practices across both sites.
- Waste Generating and Disposal Reporting: Is responsible for completing and reporting all waste information to corporate leadership and governmental entities.
- Emergency Response Leadership: Is responsible for supporting all activities, coordination and training of the Petaluma site Emergency Response Team.
- Incident Response: Responsible for assisting/conducting investigations, working with area leaders on root cause analysis, and tracking actions to address incident root causes.
- Training & Documentation: Creation, administer and deliver training events on waste handling, chemical safety and compliance practices (and others) across both sites. Ensure that all trainings are delivered in methods that ensure team member competency.
- Ensure that EHS Coordinators, Associates, and Assistants are adequately trained to procedures that they are required to perform, as well as support them in their training.
- Directly supervise a team of one or more EHS Coordinators, Associates, and Assistants, providing day-to-day priorities and support as needed.
- Ensure appropriate work instructions are in place as well as write and review EHS procedures and documents with the objective of improving employee safety, complying with applicable regulatory standards, and to ensure continuous improvements of process/operational safety.
- Other duties as Assigned: Responds to the needs of the organization/staff when requested by management and other team members within EH&S.
- Associates Degree
- 2-4 years' experience in a safety role with focus on hazardous waste management
- HAZWOPER 8 certified
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4-6 years' experience in a chemical manufacturing business with a focus on hazardous waste management; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar industry
- HAZWOPER 40 certified