Versar, Inc. is a global project management company based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with locations around the world. Since 1969, Versar has provided technical and management support to federal, state, and local government clients as well as to industries worldwide, delivering construction management, environmental sciences and engineering infrastructure solutions. Versar offers tailored and secure solutions in harsh environments providing clients with comprehensive engineering and construction management, environmental and professional services.
Versar is seeking a full time NEPA Project Manager with strong technical skills to assist the team in our Versar environmental planning team with a variety of tasks associated with natural resource and planning projects. Projects would involve National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) analysis of resource planning, transportation, construction, and other infrastructure projects and programs largely in support of the Department of Defense (DoD). The ideal candidate will have a background in environmental science, biology, forestry, or ecology, and will be familiar with natural resource issues and survey techniques. The candidate should have experience managing environmental projects. The position is organized under Versar's Environmental Services Group (ESG) and will be remote and can be located anywhere. Preference would be that the candidate is located within close proximity to one of our offices located in the Boise, Idaho; Newport News, Virginia; or Richardson, Texas offices.
* Project Management -. Work directly with clients to understand concerns, anticipate potential issues, and deliver the required range of high quality NEPA deliverables on schedule. Direct and collaborate with internal and external team members to execute NEPA projects of varying complexity and size from the preparation of kickoff materials to delivery of the Administrative Record..
* Direct and support the preparation of Environmental Impact Statements and Environmental Assessments for complex and sometimes controversial projects nationwide, including resource management, construction, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and programs.
* Writing, research, and field work in support of the preparation of biological assessments, environmental assessments, natural resources management plans, and other environmental studies.
* Ability to analyze and synthesize scientific literature and data, studies from different technical areas, compliance reports, permit applications, NEPA documents, and similar documents.
* DOPAA development and preparation, as well as environmental baseline and impacts preparation for various resource areas (e.g., safety, air quality, hazardous waste, socioeconomics, environmental justice, infrastructure, water resources).
* Implementation of QA/QC procedures including staying current with evolving NEPA regulations and implementing guidance.
* Compliance with corporate project manager tools while adhering to project deadlines and budgets.
* Communicating with government, academic, and industry researchers and scientists.
* Participating in project team meetings and facilitating meetings with third parties/clients.
* BS degree in environmental science, natural resource management, planning, or related field required; MS preferred.
* 8-10+ years technical and/or field experience in complex environmental planning projects which involve NEPA; experience with DoD a must (Air Force preferred).
* Demonstrated background in scientific or technical writing.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
* Technical and/or field experience with environmental impact issues and documentation preparation/review.
* Excellent communication skills, as well as strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and research abilities.
* Public participation, agency coordination, planning, and programming experience.
* Ability to work collaboratively with team members and execute several tasks simultaneously.
* Detail-oriented, organized, and team player with a strong focus on quality.
* U.S. Citizenship or ability to obtain security clearance for work on DOD installations is required.
* This position requires occasional travel.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and capable of obtaining government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC).
* This position requires a valid driver's license and compliance with Versar's vehicle policy.
* This position is subject to a pre-employment drug test and drug and alcohol testing during your employment based upon Versar's Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.