At ChemTreat, we understand and respect the awe-inspiring power of water to impact industries, and to sustain and enhance lives. Our 2,000 associates across North and South America maximize this power for our customers-from power producers to food and beverage companies to the automotive industry.
When you join the nation's largest and fastest growing specialty chemical company dedicated solely to industrial water treatment, you'll work side-by-side with those customers, helping them save millions of dollars and grow their businesses, all while protecting people and the environment. Our "whatever-it-takes" mindset allows us to turn our 50 years of experience and innovative thinking into meaningful outcomes for our customers-and rewarding careers for our people.
ChemTreat is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we're working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
This is a fully remote position that may be located in Richmond, VA, Glen Allen, VA, Ashland, VA, Nederland, TX, or Eldridge, IA. These locations have been listed for marketing purposes but only one position is available.
About the role
We are looking for Regional Safety Manager to build our proactive EHS atmosphere, as well as management systems that are in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations! This manager will develop and manage initiatives for EHS processes, practices, training programs, and sustainability efforts for energy and waste reduction driven by ChemTreat and Danaher. Work closely with the Field Sales and Business Leaders to effectively integrate EHS into other business processes. We will rely on you to educate associates in all unsafe acts/conditions. You will also handle all data - environmental performance data, environmental incidents, inspections, and environmental monitoring results. Join our team as an Emergency Coordinator, and ensure that the EHS Management System effectively drives continuous improvement through all facets of the program!
* Achieve world class safety performance by crafting and implementing injury prevention strategies and program initiatives to minimize and/or eliminate occupational injuries
* Build processes to increase employee involvement, education and recognition by participating in safety meetings, occupational health matters and compliance auditing
* Coordinate and manage the safety incident management system
* Facilitate incident investigation process. Conduct accident investigations and implement corrective actions
* Formulate and articulate EH&S standard methodologies, goals & objectives, initiatives, and key performance indicators
* Conduct field and site audits/inspections to enforce adherence to federal, state, and county regulatory laws, and Danaher policies governing occupational safety and health compliance
* Establish associate/manager relationships, and pro-actively solving potential safety issues
* Lead all aspects of the risk assessment process for jobs including where duties, location, and/or equipment changes occur
* Develop and maintain credibility with clients and regulatory authorities
Are you qualified?
* 7 - 10 years' experience managing an EHS program, preferably in a global environment including multiple corporate entities. Construction EHS experience is preferred
* Must be available on short notice to respond to emergencies and/or questions, including off-hour shifts
* Related Bachelor's Degree (safety, industrial hygiene, environmental compliance, industrial risk management, safety management or manufacturing engineering) is required. Master's degree preferred.
* Credible professional certifications are preferred (for example, CSP Certified Safety Professional, CIH Certified Industrial Hygienist)
* Previous experience analyzing and instructing on statutory and regulatory EHS requirements
* Proven track record of impactful communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to simplify sophisticated technical issues for broad audiences and non-technical partners across varied, diverse, international cultures required
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.