Uncommon Elementary School Teachers cultivate a love for learning in every student from the very start. Our teachers and students engage in a culturally-responsive, fast-paced, and fun learning environment. We have built a community where teachers encourage our core values of respect and hard work while celebrating the uniqueness of each student and laying the academic foundations that carry students to and through college.
* Youll co-teach and build an engaging and joyful classroom environment that encourages mastery and empowers students to engage in academic discourse.
* Youll teach the basic principles of mathematics.
* Youll teach reading and writing to build students literacy skills: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
* Youll teach an ELA curriculum that prioritizes meaningful texts and topics that are interesting and relevant.
* Youll teach a Science curriculum that prioritizes knowledge of geology, astronomy, ecology, and cycles in nature to ensure students understand climate change and how to take care of the Earth.
* Youll teach a Social Studies curriculum that incorporates analyses of Americas diverse histories, with an emphasis on cultural and civic awareness.
2. DATA ANALYSIS
* Youll meet weekly with your principal and/or instructional coach to analyze and respond to trends in student work samples and assessments.
* Youll learn and implement strategies to differentiate instruction for all learners in your classroom.
3. SCHOOL CULTURE
* Youll build positive relationships with students to ensure they feel seen, loved, and heard.
* Youll partner with students families to ensure appropriate resources are available to support their childrens learning needs.
* Youll engage in practice-based professional development, mentorship, and coaching sessions.
* Youll support morning arrival, lunch duty, student assemblies, class transitions, and after-school dismissal.
* Youll participate in weekly, school-wide meetings to foster community, model our core values, and encourage student achievement.
* Youll partner with your grade level team to develop academic goals and practice instructional strategies.