Environmental, Health & Safety Manager, Philips Healthcare, (Malvern, PA.)Job Description If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance. In this role, you have the opportunity to
: This position will work directly with the Operations Management Team to develop a robust Health & Safety program that focuses on risk management, regulatory and corporate compliance, continual improvement, business continuity and builds an environment that facilitates a strong worker participation program. The candidate will strive to achieve the highest levels of H&S performance through performance measurement, audit, training, development and implementation of ISO 45001 Health & Safety Management System and Corporate Health & Safety and Environmental policies. You are responsible for:
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Overall responsibility to develop and improve Health & Safety programs for Biotelemetry, a Philips Company, headquartered in Malvern, PA.
- Compliance & Risk Mgmt. : Implement and improve health & safety programs, policies and procedures to ensure Regulatory and Corporate compliance for all sites across North America.
- Continual Improvement: Develop and embed strategies, methods or ways of working to support continual improvement of OSH working practices in relation to operational processes & program objectives
- Risk Management: Adopt and support a risk management/reduction approach through completion of risk assessments and implementation of risk analysis and reduction programs to manage and reduce risk to an acceptable level, ensuring significant risks are escalated to leadership
- Performance: Measures performance & program effectiveness through goals, objectives, KPIs, trend analysis, site inspections and monthly incident reporting.
- Training: Ensure appropriate OHS safety training is in place to develop employee's awareness and ensure compliance in EHS matters
- Implement ISO 45001 Mgmt. System
- Audit: Conduct internal audits to evaluate compliance, manage non-conformances through corrective and preventative actions and perform as a member of the Americas audit team.
- Incident Investigations: Ensure all incidents are properly investigated to root cause and appropriate corrective actions are identified and implemented
- Mental Health & Wellbeing: Promote, deliver and facilitate mental health & wellbeing programs
- Leadership Engagement: Work directly with site Management Teams to enhance H&S performance, provide technical guidance on H&S requirements and program initiatives and prepare conduct Mgmt. Reviews
- Ensure Environmental compliance with local, state and Philips Requirements including management of hazardous waste and/or universal waste management.
- Communication : Implement worker participation programs and communication channels to ensure employee awareness through proactive communication and involvement of H&S program elements.
- Bachelor's degree in Safety related subject with 5 plus years' experience in Health & Safety or a Master's Degree in Safety related subject with 3 plus years related Experience in Health & Safety.
Why should you join Philips?
- ISO 18001 or 45001 Experience (Lead Auditor desirable)
- Audit experience at multinational sites
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Experience in managing Safety Programs, writing policies and delivering training
- Managed EHS at Leadership level reporting to Plant Manager level equivalent
- Broad functional understanding of complex multinational organizations
- Program management - including project mgt skills, staffing and budget mgt.
- Greenbelt / Lean Training preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate Health and Safety concepts to technical and non- technical audiences
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work with all levels of an organization, including SVP/EVP/ExCo level
- Management consulting skills & diplomatic, negotiating and influencing skills to gain top Management commitment.
- People Management: Ability to coach and lead high-performing work teams
- Leadership Competencies (Deliver Results, Focus on Customers, Drive Ops Excellence, Lead Change, inspire by example, create meaningful innovation)
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum . Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video .
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog . Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process , or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa. #LI-PH1 Contact If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.