At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS's continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
The Gene Engineering group is seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven Scientist to pioneer on the development of analytical methods in support of engineered T-cell programs. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of innovation, demonstrated skill set and knowledge in molecular biology, gene editing, analytical development, and is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This incumbent is responsible for analytical method development to enable characterization and QC release of multiple gene edited T cell products.
* Develop analytical methods for characterization of engineered T cells including quantification of on-target and off-target modifications.
* Develop, optimize, and qualify analytical methods to enable process development, in-process testing, characterization, stability, and product release.
* Effective communications with stakeholders to ensure the developed methods meeting product and regulatory requirements.
* Support the development of complete suite analytical method documentation such as protocols, development and qualification reports, standard operating procedures, QC test methods, and analytical sampling plans
* Method transfer to external and internal testing labs.
* Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation.
* Author technical and regulatory documents.
* Ph.D. in a biological science discipline with 2+ years (6+ with MS) of relevant industrial analytical assay development experience.
* Skillful with molecular biology techniques (construct design and cloning, primer/probe design, qPCR, RT-PCR) and cell manipulation (transfection and transduction).
* Detail-orientated, organized, working knowledge of electronic notebook use
* Strong time management skills with the capacity to meet deadlines and prioritize work from multiple projects.
* Excellent oral and written technical communication skills
* Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and integrity.
* Knowledge and experience with droplet digital PCR (ddPCR).
* Knowledge and experience with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing.
* Knowledge and experience with chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells.
* Knowledge and experience with next generation sequence (NGS) sample preparation and/or bioinformatical tools for data analysis
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there's no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients' lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.