Manage compliance assurance for the sites water and wastewater permits and programs with complex technical/regulatory issues in accordance with applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations at the Bishop, Texas facility. This includes but is not limited to the regulatory analyses of industrial facility operations, wastewater permit under NPDES/TPDES, Storm Water, CWA, Drinking Water, SPCC, and Underground Injection Control compliance programs.
Coordinate permit applications, amendments and renewals, as needed to ensure that permits are up-to-date, permit applications contain accurate information, and permit conditions are met by the plant.
Provide input on wastewater treatment plant operations to ensure compliance with applicable permits and registrations.
Maintain up-to-date compliance assurance programs (e.g., environmental operating limits, discharge limits, and other conditions/variables that are required by permit to ensure compliance).
Ensure that personnel in other departments have an understand required tasks and other elements needed to ensure compliance.
Develop, complete, and submit as required, compliance and discharge reports in accordance with permit requirements, and state and federal regulations to the TCEQ and/or EPA prior to the regulatory deadlines.
Maintain compliance assurance program (RegAction/Cority) databases within assigned area, interpret regulations, and identify sound compliance solutions for assigned areas/facilities.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with site stewardship leaders, operations, process engineering, project engineering staff and other regional environmental professionals.
Maintain a high regard for personal safety, and compliance to company EHS policies.
* 3+ years of experience in US federal and state environmental water quality program regulations - knowledge, interpretation, application and gap closure
* Experience in providing regulatory and compliance guidance/training to site environmental and management staff
* Broad knowledge of Petrochemical industry desired
* Knowledge and understanding of operations procedures & practices
* Effective communication skills with all levels of the organization
* Ability to analyze data and/or material, condense, and prepare presentation materials to senior management
* Ability to improve environmental performance among salaried and hourly workforce
* Knowledge of Environmental Management Systems
* Ability to understand and balance conflicting priorities and communicate same
* Self-motivated, capable of independent action and undertaking self-prioritization
* Knowledge of root cause methodology
* Ability to apply and interpret Occupational Health and Safety, DOT, or other regulations a plus
* Knowledge of ISO 14001, RCMS, and/or RC14001
* Knowledge of Operation Clean Sweep requirements
* Knowledge of Water and Waste Environmental Regulatory programs.
* Knowledge or wastewater treatment plant operations.
BS Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science or related field