Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies. In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing. In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years. Job Description
Perform duties in support of the microbiology department that include but are not limited to: glassware washing, autoclave operation, supply stocking and inventory, routine cleaning and maintenance of applicable areas and equipment.
QualificationsThe Ideal Candidate would posses:
- Supports the laboratory by performing routine glassware washing and learning the appropriate handling of broken glass
- Autoclave operation
- Performs routine cleaning and quality checks for equipment
- Performs routine cleaning of work areas
- Maintains inventory levels and helps to stock supplies
- Learns how to document work and maintain laboratory records
- Learns to plan for assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment
- Picking up samples from client sites
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- May work with potentially hazardous substances.
- Work requires use of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Work requires some standing and sitting for long periods of time.
- Work requires lifting of weights of up to 40 lbs.
- Work requires a driver's license
- Overtime, weekend and holiday work as required.
- May include second shift work.
- Will be exposed to potential food allergens
- Interest in microbiology
- Experience taking initiative
- Attention to details
- Experience working in a team
- Proficiency with excel, word, and outlook
Basic Minimum Requirement:
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is part-time, various days and hours. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Columbia MO are encouraged to apply.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.