Company Overview:At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.Job Description:Are you a machine learning / artificial intelligence scientist who strives to tackle the major contemporary challenges facing cancer research scientists and clinicians? Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) has initiated a unique and transformative data-driven research endeavor to unlock features in imaging, molecular and clinical data that will better predict patient outcomes and ultimately be translated to improved patient care. As a significant component of cancer research has firmly moved into the realm of the quantitative sciences, interdisciplinary collaborations between clinicians, molecular biologists and you now underpin modern scientific advances. The MSK MIND AI Scientists are exceptional data and computational scientists to develop and apply contemporary computing techniques to synthesize high dimensional and disparate measurements of the complex biological system that is a cancer.
Join our team at MSK and embrace the opportunity to tackle new analytical challenges with unprecedented high volume clinically annotated complex and multi-modal datasets, while impacting health care with advances for cancer patients. Our initial program is targeting lung, breast, colorectal, ovarian, blood, and pediatric cancer, synthesize and perform biomarker discovery and patient stratification using data from thousands of highly curated and annotated clinical records linking to our vast next-generation sequencing initiative (MSK-IMPACT), digital pathology, flow cytometry and radiology image archives.
Aligned with MSK's core mission of "To lead in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and cure of cancer through programs of excellence in research, education, outreach, and cost-effective patient care", the MSK MIND initiative will advance excellence in computational research within the MSK data ecosystem to drive discovery. MSK MIND is a new division of Computational Oncology and is searching for talented self-driven computational and statistical scientists to advance our research objectives.You Will:
- Develop and/or apply novel research methodology to perform feature extraction, multi-sensor data fusion and clustering and classification on imaging, genomic, and clinical data sets at scale.
- Advance and execute hypothesis driven research by collaborating with clinical and biological scientists.
- Collaborate with data engineers to design, development, and implementation of open source software and data solutions optimized for discovery based research.
- Write and prepare scientific manuscripts for publication in journals and present scientific results in conferences
- Participate in fostering a new branch of academic research in Computational Oncology at MSK through journal clubs, work in progress sessions, and mentoring of graduate students.
- Liaise with and collaborate with academic and industry partners in biotech, health data, and big tech
- A science-focused individual with motivation and track record of advancing computational and/or domain specific research questions
- Attracted to large-scale data sets and quantitatively driven solutions and conclusions
- Interested in methodology for analysis of complex multi-modal data sets
- A strong communicator and willing collaborator with a team-oriented mindset required to effectively collaborate with clinicians, biologists and engineers
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment and adapt to occasional shifts in priorities
- Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, computational biology, engineering or equivalent
- Expert understanding of principles behind contemporary computational and mathematical techniques such as deep learning for computer vision (image classification (e.g., CNN) and segmentation (e.g., Mask RCNN) algorithms ), variational autoencoders, Bayesian approaches, and probabilistic graphical models
- Experience in at least one of: image analysis, genomic analysis, clinical and health data analysis, natural language processing, multisensor data fusion
- (Desired) experience in computing in big data infrastructure and cloud computing environments
- A track record of publication in conference proceedings or academic journals or equivalent track record in industry
- Programming skills, in particular Python and deep learning frameworks (e.g., PyTorch and TensorFlow)
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote FlexibilityWe believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It's important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
#LI-POSTClosing:MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.