At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Tumor Microenvironment Thematic Research Center (TME TRC) at Bristol Myers Squibb is focused on developing therapeutic targets at the intersection of tumor, stromal and immune biology with the goal of enhancing responsiveness to immune checkpoint blockade, targeted and cell therapies. Comprised of scientists across multiple disciplines, we are responsible for the biology and translational science required to support drug development from target identification through proof-of-concept (POC) studies in cancer patients.Position Summary
The Lymphoid Biology group is seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist to join the Immunology Biology Discovery group and aide in the advancement of therapeutic targets in drug discovery and early development. The candidate will design and execute studies to validate target biology, characterize drug candidates (large and small), and explore combinatorial therapeutic strategies. The candidate will be expected to effectively collaborate with colleagues across functional groups and have excellent communication skills. Strong technical skills with a background in cancer immunology and lymphoid biology is desired.
- Design and execute experimental plans that support project progression across non-clinical and clinical milestones
- Conceptualize, design, and perform novel functional assays that contribute to target validation, drug lead selection, or mechanism of action
- Present experiments and results at project team meetings, group meetings, and company meetings
- Analyzing current scientific literature to help identify new targets or new strategies for existing targets
- Advance group capabilities and know-how by identifying and implementing novel technologies
- Provide mentorship of more junior colleagues in the group
- B.S. with 8+ years of relevant experience, M.S. with 6+ years of relevant experience, or PhD with 2-4 years of post-doc experience in immunology, cell biology or related field is required.
- Industry experience in drug discovery or translational research is a plus
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry is required
- Experience in isolation, characterization and functional assay development using primary cells of rodent and/or human origin is desired
- Able to interpret and summarize scientific data in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding of, and experience in assay development related to lymphoid cells and the tumor microenvironment a plus
- Knowledge in bioinformatics or dataset mining is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and innovative research environment
- Flexibility and interest in learning new techniques and skills in accordance with the research program needs
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational, and record-keeping skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.