TRC, a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Senior Engineer to join our growing Environmental, EHS, Construction, and Remediation (ECR) practice in our Birmingham, Alabama office. The Senior Engineer is a front-line client-focused leader who works with stakeholders to understand project needs and manages teams to deliver services to meet those requirements. The senior engineer is responsible for networking with clients to identify and define projects, developing and negotiating proposals, building teams of technical staff and subconsultants to execute work, maintaining quality and risk management processes to keep work on track, and delivering according to scope, schedule, and budget.
The successful candidate will have 10 to 15 years of civil and/or environmental engineering consulting experience, in support of a wide variety of projects ideally in the Alabama/Florida/Georgia/Mississippi area. The successful candidate will possess a PE (or be able to obtain Alabama PE licensure within 6 months of hire). Additionally, the successful candidate will provide a lead design role on a variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial clients.
* Market - / Client-facing Seller Doer.
* Provide lead engineering design services in a variety of civil and environmental applications, including multi-media environmental permitting and compliance, remediation, solid waste management, storm water management, and industrial wastewater processing and treatment. Design services shall include concept-level to final design, including the preparation of layouts, details, specifications, and bidding documents necessary for permitting and contractor bidding and construction.
* Management of a medium-to-large portfolio of projects to ensure internal and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
* Independent preparation and review of technical reports, designs, permitting and compliance documents.
* Assisting Client Service Managers/Project Directors during proposal development including formulation of work scopes and budgets.
* Performing business development (BD) efforts through former and current business associates and contacts.
* Manage investigation and remediation projects. Provide presentations to regulators and participate in regular meetings/conference calls with Clients and subcontractors.
* Maintain and grow existing client accounts.
* Mentoring/coaching of junior staff members to ensure successful completion of tasks.
* Will be an integral participant in forgoing the growth and development of Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Mississippi markets.
* Leads by example, demonstrating the attitudes and behaviors expected from others.
* Ability to work independently or in a project team with demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, presentations, analytical, professional judgement, and team building skills.
* Strong entrepreneurial interest and experience engaging clients to identify and win new projects.
* Experience leading, recruiting, building, mentoring, and fostering a project team of scientists and engineers.
* Excellent communication skills, including experience conveying technical presentations to clients and regulators.
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time and within budget.
* Strong interpersonal skills/Client focused approach required.
* Successful track record of Project Delivery through planning, preliminary and final design.
* Past successful experience participating in project delivery and business development process within a team environment is required.
* Project management that includes staff management, budget control, mentoring and resource management.
* Understanding and awareness of health and safety practices.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Knowledge of AutoCAD, ESRI, and/or HydroCAD a plus.
* B.S. in Civil/Environmental Engineering from an accredited university; Master's degree preferred.
* Minimum 10-15 years of relevant work experience.
* Familiarity with federal and state environmental regulations related to site remediation and environmental permitting.
* 40-hr HAZWOPER certification would be a plus.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at www.trccompaniess.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled