Position Overview: Performs technical laboratory testing
Physical Demands: Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Frequent standing and walking required for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
Working Conditions: Exposure to communicable diseases and toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a medical group and laboratory environment.
Job Responsibilities: (This list may not contain all the duties assigned and can change)
- Performs laboratory tests and procedures, which require independent judgment and responsibility with minimal supervision by the lead technologist and laboratory supervisor.
- Documents daily QC and corrective action as needed.
- Performs calibrations, linearity testing, and proficiency testing as required.
- Enters and verifies laboratory results in the LIS.
- Assists with training and orientation of departmental personnel.
- Resolves problems with technical testing involving methodology, techniques and instrumentation utilization.
- Reviews, and evaluates test results and reports for accuracy, precision, readability and consistency.
- Collects data, prepares reports, and compiles statistics directed.
- Actively supports and assists in implementation and monitoring of quality control and quality assurance policies
- Checks supply inventory.
- Attends required meetings and participates in processional development activities.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Microbiology or Hologic Panther background preferred. Knowledge of clinical laboratory procedures, standards, and tests in order to accurately complete testing. Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing in order to monitor quality control and troubleshoot. Knowledge of medical terminology to interact with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results. Knowledge of safety requirements to provide instruction and to recognize hazardous conditions. Skills in performing a full range of laboratory tests. Skills in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, laboratory staff, and medical staff. Skill in identifying and resolving problems. Skill in venipuncture procedures. Skill in using the LIS. Performs all the tasks necessary in the operation of the laboratory. Ability to work during operation hours.
Qualifications / Education:
- BS Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or related sciences, as approved by the accrediting agencies.
- One year experience as a laboratory technologist.
- As required by governmental agencies. ASCP or NCA preferred.
- NYS license required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/DisabilityExperience
Licenses & Certifications
- 1 year(s): Clinical microbiology or Panther experience preferred
- Clinical LAB Technologist
- Pathologists Assistant
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization