Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Laboratory Technician 1 will be providing support to the Microbiology department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve primarily in a production atmosphere as support.
- Performs all activities in a neat, safe, hygienic, and efficient manner.
- Communicates with all laboratory personnel to ensure quality and efficient service.
- Maintains customer satisfaction and appropriate confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality procedures related to sample documentation.
- Maintain a professional attitude and acceptable working relationship with coworkers, offering assistance when applicable.
- Assists with washing and maintaining lab ware.
- Ability to read quantitative data and enter into LIMS system.
- Prepares and sets up samples for analysis.
- Maintains laboratory condition (i.e.: equipment, supplies, quality assurance, and accurate records throughout all procedures).
- Demonstrates proper techniques (pipetting, labeling samples, etc.), and successful performance in proficiency testing.
- Prepares and maintain bacteriological media (i.e.: BPW, LST, TSB, etc.).
- Responsible for sanitation in all areas to maintain a superior level of cleanliness.
- Provides routine preventive maintenance by daily cleaning, sanitizing, and disposing of trash.
- Assist in other assigned duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A.S or B.S. in Biology and/or Chemistry preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Possess knowledge and demonstrate skills of aseptic technique.
- High attention to detail is a must.
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour