At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunology and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.Overview
We seek an inter-disciplinary computational scientist to accelerate the development of novel hypotheses for patient benefit in collaboration with the Immuno-Oncology and Cell Therapy Thematic Research Center (IOCT-TRC). This person will play a key scientific role by conducting integrative analysis with key proprietary and public data assets, leveraging innovative computational research strategies to drive data-driven decisions. The candidate's work will include: providing insights into mechanisms of action for existing and novel therapies, identifying patient subtypes associated with therapeutic effect or lack thereof in key indications, and leveraging these learnings to prioritize candidates to test specific hypotheses. Analysis scenarios will involve output from a wide range of molecular profiling platforms. The position would suit a person with excellent communication and collaboration skills who is able to work on cross functional teams, in an environment with many computational scientists with diverse backgrounds. Applications are encouraged from those with experience in fields where immune tolerance and inflammation are important, such as autoimmune disease, immune oncology or neuroinflammation. The role offers the opportunity to directly impact the creation of truly transformational and life-changing therapies in key diseases of unmet medical need.Responsibilities
Working in collaboration with computational, biological and clinical scientists across the BMS Research and Early Development organization, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Background experience & complementary knowledge
- Modeling and analysis aimed at deciphering immune, stromal and tumor cellular states and other disease properties to facilitate the development of novel therapeutics and to identify applications of existing therapies to improve patient outcome.
- Collaborating with Predictive Sciences team in IPS and closely collaborating with BMS computational scientists across IPS.
- Ability to work and reach out across diverse teams and departments in a mutually productive fashion with many shared objectives.
- Analyze single cell and bulk transcriptome data with clinical datasets, from patient samples before and after treatment to inform target discovery, novel combinations, disease subtypes and drug mode of action.
- Participation in and oversight of scientific report writing. Presentation of methods, results and conclusions to a publishable standard, primarily for internal audiences.
- Contribution to planning and execution of collaborative projects with outstanding academic and commercial research groups worldwide.
- Pursuit and guidance of pioneering computational biology research towards key scientific objectives.
- A Ph.D. in statistics, bio-statistics, computational biology, applied mathematics or related field from a well-regarded higher-education establishment.
- 4+ years post-doctoral experience of inter-disciplinary computational and molecular biomarker research in university, hospital or biotechnology environments or 6+ years with no post-doctoral position.
- Strong understanding and experience of methods used in predictive modeling and causal inference including: linear and non-linear regression, network construction and analysis, and machine learning.
- Experience in graph theory and network construction is a plus.
- Experience with single cell RNA sequencing analysis is a plus.
- Track record of peer-reviewed publication in relevant scientific journals.
- Deep understanding of algorithmic implementation, statistical programming and data manipulation, using R/Bioconductor, Python, with open-source bioinformatics tools and database structures.
- Proven problem-solving skills, collaborative and constructive nature and adaptability across disciplines.
- Strong communication skills: able to convey complex statistical ideas and methods to non-subject matter experts (both written and verbal).
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or any part of the recruitment process direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.