Abt Associates seeks a qualified Manager to support the growing global development climate and energy portfolio in the International Development Division. The candidate will assume a lead role in technical delivery and business development for climate and energy programs (climate adaptation/resilience, clean energy, climate change mitigation/risk management, natural climate solutions, natural resource management. The Global Climate & Energy Manager will be responsible for pipeline development, leading capture opportunities, proposal development, and taking a lead writing role when needed. This role will also be responsible for supporting the planning, design, and implementation of client projects and collaborating with Regional Vice Presidents on strategic priorities related to climate and energy. This role in envisioned to focus primarily on business development for the first year of employment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Develop and implement climate and energy strategy for the International Development Division to achieve short-term and long-term results for IDDâ€™s primary client US Agency for International Development and stakeholders.
* Provide technical assistance to developing countries across a variety of climate and energy technical areas, including natural resources management, economic and policy analysis, natural climate solutions, climate adaptation and mitigation, climate risk management, clean energy, and implementing nationally determined contributions.
* Capture voice of IDDâ€™s clients, ensuring proposals and projects incorporate priorities. Help lead client interactions and keeping management abreast of industry trends.
* Assist field projects with the design, implementation, and evaluation of climate and energy strategies to mobilize public and private investment in climate and energy, increase resilience to climate change and external shocks, deploy clean energy solutions, and support inclusive, sustainable economic growth.
* Build collaborations with bilateral and multi-lateral organizations, international initiatives, government agencies, and private organizations.
* Lead the scoping of technical assignments, work planning, and budgeting to be responsive to donor clients and host-country counterparts.
* Identify technical assistance expertise required to achieve the best results and exercise quality assurance over the work and products of less senior staff, subcontractors, and consultants.
* Substantially contribute to new business development, include identifying opportunities, writing proposals, and leading proposal teams.
* Develop proposal content that addresses the requirements outlined in the solicitation, incorporates client priorities and international best practices, scores well in terms of the evaluation criteria, and incorporates win themes developed by the proposal team.
* Masterâ€™s in environmental or development economics, natural resource management, business, international public policy, or a related field
* Significant field experience in low- or middle-income country contexts, especially experience implementing USAID projects
* At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in project delivery
* Experience serving as a capture lead, proposal lead, or lead writer for a USAID winning proposal
* Understanding of gender, equality, disability, and social inclusion (GEDSI) in global development projects
* Familiarity with climate and energy modeling and programs for data collection/analysis (e.g. ArcGIS, energy planning, GHG inventory/MRV, and economic analyses etc.)
* Preferred candidates will also have secondary language skills (Incl. Spanish and/or French).
Bachelorâ€™s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Masterâ€™s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.