If you are interested in joining our team of engineers, scientists and planners to help improve the water environment in the Bay Area, Northern California and throughout the State, we want to hear from you!About the Position
Were excited to announce a job opportunity for a Senior Information Management Engineer
to lead the development and enhancement of our cloud-based data management systems and data visualization programs. The successful candidate will help our public agency clients improve the quality of Bay Area surface waters (e.g., local creeks and the San Francisco Bay) and the quality of life of Bay Area residents through the creation, management, and presentation of environmental data and information, which will assist in tracking and demonstrating the effectiveness of stormwater (urban) runoff controls and the impacts on local water ways.
The successful applicant will work under the direction of industry-leading scientists and engineers, and lead the further development of multiple information management systems recently created by EOA. The expansion of these systems will provide an enhanced user experience and data accessibility, greater efficiencies in importing and exporting data, and increased functionality to improve data visualization.Responsibilities
- Developing and enhancing cloud-based data management systems that house watershed and stormwater control measure data and provide data visualization capabilities for multiple clients;
- Providing oversight and coordination of data visualization programs, projects and tasks that utilize web-based tools to allow clients and the public to explore and visualize information on local water quality and management actions implemented to protect and restore water ways;
- Overseeing and conducting quality control procedures on data and internal data management practices;
- Mentoring and training associate-level staff on data management and web programming;
- Presenting and communicating program/project results and conclusions to clients and stakeholders in written reports and at meetings/conferences; and
- Providing project/task management over complex and multi-phased web development, data management, and data visualization projects.
- The position will work out of our Oakland office, which is just a few blocks from downtown Oakland BART in a converted turn-of-the-century mansion. Options for hybrid (work-from-home and office) work arrangements are available.
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field of study.
- Strong experience developing data visualization dashboards using technologies such as D3, Highcharts, Tableau, Plotly, or R Shiny.
- Ability to fully consider and account for UI/UX and experience in developing successful interfaces and experiences.
- Successful experience in project and task management, including providing oversight and direction of associate level staff.
- Experience in successfully developing and giving presentations at meetings and conferences that communicate analytical processes and results.
- Excellent technical writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences in writing.
How to Apply
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Geography, Environmental Science, Engineering, or relevant technical experience.
- Experience in the development of open source mapping solutions using technologies such as PostGIS, Leaflet, and GeoJSON.
- Proficiency in ArcGIS (10.x or Pro) or QGIS.
- Expert level knowledge of R and/or Python programming languages.
- Strong experience in using the Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel, and Access.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter by e-mail to:Chris Sommers, Vice PresidentEOA, Inc.1410 Jackson StreetOakland, CA firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout EOA
EOA is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting firm that specializes in water quality stewardship. We combine sound science and engineering with regulatory expertise, collaborative problem-solving skills and public policy savvy to deliver cost-effective, innovative and practical solutions to todays water quality challenges. For over 30 years we have helped a wide range of public agencies, private businesses, and other organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout California to protect, restore and enhance the water environment, while complying with State and Federal environmental regulations.
Our exceptional technical staff of roughly 30 engineers, scientists, and planners, most with advanced technical degrees and over 10 years of consulting experience, have led in the development and implementation of award-winning water quality control and monitoring and assessment programs, and successfully conducted studies and policy-initiatives designed to protect and restore fish and wildlife in California. With a focus on public agency assistance, weve created and assisted cities and counties in managing the impacts of stormwater and wastewater on local creeks, rivers, estuaries and the Pacific Ocean through innovative techniques such as green stormwater infrastructure. Weve also provided invaluable services to resource managers by conducting risk assessments and identifying pollutant control programs and watershed management actions needed to evaluate practical solutions to challenging water quality problems. Data and information collected through these efforts is easily accessible to our clients through our advanced information management systems.
EOA provides employees with great benefits and a comfortable and supportive work environment. We recognize the need for a work/life balance and encourage our staff to keep fit by exploring the path around Lake Merritt and to take advantage of the many lunch spots nearby.
EOA offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including the following benefits:
Flexible Spending Account
401K retirement plan
Paid Time Off
Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
Workers Compensation Insurance
EOA is committed to continuing our employees development. We actively support professional development through participation in professional associations, encourage staff to present findings at industry conferences, and give staff the opportunity to attend short courses, conferences and workshops.
EOA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. EOA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at EOA are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. EOA will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. EOA encourages applicants of all ages.For additional information on EOA, please visit www.eoainc.com.