- Provide technical consulting services to the Navys field managers and contractors on hydrogeologic issues related to development of groundwater supplies, groundwater investigations and cleanup, andassessment of climate change impacts
- Conduct groundwater flow and transport modeling and review models prepared by others
- Provide project management and general oversight of contractors involved in field operations involving groundwater investigations (e.g., pump tests) and/or well drilling.Field locations may be in the U.S. or abroad and travel of approximately 25% of the time is expected
- Guide Navy site teams in discussions with regulatory agencies and other internal and external stakeholders, especially at sites impacted by groundwater contamination
- Assess the impacts of climate change on groundwater flow patterns, saltwater intrusion, and groundwater cleanup effectiveness
- Prepare reports and proposals to Navy and Department of Defense customers and sponsors.
- US Citizen
- Valid state driver's license
- Must have a Ph.D. in geologic sciences (recent Ph.D. graduates can apply) or a Masters degree in geologic sciences with at least three years of relevant work experience.
Our health insurance program offers you choice and flexibility to suit individual or family needswith no exclusions for pre-existing conditions,as well as a substantial employer contribution to premiums.Other health benefits include Dental and Vision Insurance programs,Flexible Spending accounts, Long Term Care Insurance and Federal Employees Group Life Insurance Program with no physical required for initial enrollment.
We offeran outstanding three-part Retirement Program encompassingour Federal Employees Retirement System, Thrift Savings Plan a401(k)type planwith employer contributions up to 5%,andSocial Security benefits.
Additionalbenefits includepaid holidays,sickand vacation leave, alternate work schedules, transportations subsidies and telework may be authorized for eligible positions.
Most of all, as a NAVFACcivilian employee youcan serve your nation and support Americas warfighter.
If thissoundslike anopportunity and benefits you are interested in, pleaseapply!
Requirements for all NAVFAC Positions:
-AUS Citizen aged 18 or older at time of hire
-Malesregistered or exempt from Selective Servicewww.sss.gov
-Determined suitable for federal employment (process includes a background check and fingerprinting)
-New employees to the Department of the Navy willneedto pass the E-Verifyemploymentverification
check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visitwww.dhs.gov/E-Verify/.