Environmental Biology Project ManagerLocation:
La Mesa, CAResponsibilities:
- Manage biological resources-related projects
- Prepare biological technical reports and plans in accordance with agency requirements
- Serve as biological resources lead during environmental review of projects by the appropriate jurisdictions and agencies
- Resource agency consultation and permitting
- Client coordination
- Preparation of proposals and related business development activities
- Conduct biological fieldwork on occasion
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an environmental science, biology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in the environmental field carrying out biological resources or similar projects as a consultant or agency staff member.
- Minimum 2 years focused experience serving as project manager on multiple projects for a variety of clients, including direct client and agency interface, managing sub consultants, reviewing work products, and completing multiple and simultaneous tasks within time and budget constraints; management of compliance programs and renewable energy projects would not be sufficient for this experience requirement.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills as a project manager (please specify in cover letter)
- Demonstrated experience leading and assisting with business development and marketing efforts, including proposal preparation.
- Demonstrated experience preparing biological technical report and related CEQA reports.
Additional skills considered a plus:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to complete projects within time and budget constraints
- A Master's degree or higher in biology, natural resources, or related field.
- Strong client and agency relationships.
- Demonstrated experience leading or assisting with regulatory permitting in California with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, and Regional Water Quality Control Board.
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent, large-scale biological, natural resource, or similar projects in California for both public and private sector clients.
- Experience preparing or managing biological resources technical studies in San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties.
- Experience managing or preparing CEQA and NEPA documents.
- On the list of County of San Diego Approved CEQA Consultants for Biological Resources, County of Riverside Authorized Biological Consultants, and/or other qualifications demonstrating high level of understanding with local agency requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of larger proposal efforts and participation in interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, family status, or veteran status.