Senior Research Associate/Scientist, Biology
at Goldfinch Biopharma
We're looking for a highly motivated Senior Research Associate or Scientist with a strong background in cell culture and molecular and cellular biology to join our Biology Department and contribute to building our pipeline for renal diseases. The successful candidate will support the new target discovery efforts by maintaining and differentiating iPSCs and other cell lines, performing experiments, and managing the laboratory's inventory. Job Responsibilities
- Maintain cell lines including iPSCs and implementing new differentiation protocols.
- Perform well-designed and executed cellular and molecular biology experiments to enable data-driven decisions on program progression.
- Manage the laboratory's inventory and put in place a system for efficient registration of materials and samples.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support exploratory drug discovery and development.
- Prepare presentations for lab meetings and other internal and occasionally external collaborations.
- Commit to helping the team achieve deliverables and meet aggressive timelines.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in a relevant field. Industry experience is desirable but not required.
- Extensive hands-on experience in cell culture of iPSCs and other lines is necessary.
- Hands-on experience in cellular and biochemical techniques including standard molecular biology or protein biochemistry methods.
- Familiarization with inventory management programs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
29 Newbury Street
Boston, MA 02116
P (617) 585-2000