Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.In 2019, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job DescriptionLaboratory and related work (80-90% of time) under daily to weekly supervision.
- Work with supervisor to define aim and a plan to achieve that aim, will then execute work following the plan (independently, if familiar with area of work, with guidance if unfamiliar).
- Experimental design - will fine tune experiments following discussion with supervisor and literature review, with increasing emphasis on independent design based on experience.
- Will analyze and interpret experimental data, results and methodology used with guidance.
- Will gain skills and experience to be fully conversant with the operation and validation of all items of equipment or IT needed for experimentation, data analysis, storage and data entry.
- Building skills to review literature and electronic information critically to enhance understanding of disease/technology area (2-3 hours per week).
- Contribute to writing of e.g. SOPs, interpretation of data, study reports and protocols.
- Write up laboratory notebooks regularly in compliance with company guidelines.
- Preparation of presentation materials.
Safe working and regulatory compliance.
- Regular 1:1 communication with supervisor and team colleagues.
- Other colleagues within Research as well as external teams within the organization.
- Developing communication/presentation skills at internal meetings/poster sessions.
- Work safely.
- Completion of risk assessments, compliance with company procedures.
- Will recognize risks (own and others), within own area of expertise. Intervene or take action, where appropriate.
- BS in biology, immunology or related field.
- Proficiency in modern in vitro laboratory techniques in the area of immunology or cell biology.
- Ideally at least 2 years working in a laboratory in either an academic or preferably an industrial setting.
- Good practical skills in standard biomedical research.
- Experience in cell culture techniques and experience in cell-based assays.
- Background in assay development, optimization and non-GLP qualification work
- Experience with immunoassays on multiple platforms (MSD, ELISA, ELISpot, etc.)
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, MI are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays