Overview Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
(NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
35 miles north of Chicago and 60 miles south of Milwaukee, Lake Forest is a city located in Lake County, Illinois. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 19,375. The city is along the shore of Lake Michigan, and is a part of the Chicago metropolitan area and the North Shore. The 2015 BMW Championship was played at the Conway Farms Golf Club in Lake Forest across the road from our corporate headquarters.
From our world headquarters in Lake Forest, Illinois, we oversee global operations of more than 11,000 employees at more than 50 manufacturing plants, mixing centers and distribution centers.Pactiv Evergreen
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
#LI-TM1 "IND1P" Responsibilities DESCRIPTION:
- Effectively implement Company's key environmental compliance programs at all assigned facilities, working in close coordination with each facility's environmental resource.
- Requires a very "hands-on" approach, with significant active engagement with individual locations
- Depending on size and complexity, a facility's environmental resource may be an EHS Manager, a manager assigned environmental support as a collateral duty or similar part-time assignment.
Conduct periodic Environmental Compliance Assistance/Audit Site Visits to assigned facilities, following a standardized visit and review process.
- As part of these visits, requires detailed engagement with locations to develop specific follow-up action items and implementation schedule
- Follow the assigned minimum visit schedule, adjusting as needed based on specific circumstances
Coordinate regular environmental calls with leaders and environmental resources at assigned facilities to review environmental compliance programs, share best practices, etc.
- Calls are intended to be very interactive and engaging
- Locations are expected to provide input and be active participants
Establish and sustain appropriate programs and policies for maintaining an effective environmental excellence culture.Through leadership, focus and drive, ensure assigned facilities:
- Do not experience any Environmental Notices of Violation (NOVs), Reportable Releases or Permit Exceedances
- Achieve pro-active metric targets, such as number of Environmental Near Misses
Provide strong technical support, direction and oversight to assigned locations to ensure:
- Compliance with all applicable USEPA and state environmental regulatory requirements, such as Tier II, SARA 313/Form R and Ozone Depleting Substances.
- Compliance with all requirements contained in each facility's environmental permits, including air permits, storm water permits, wastewater permits, etc.
Function as subject matter expert on all environmental compliance topics, and provide detailed instructions and "hands-on" support to individual locationsEnsure assigned facilities complete all required one-time and recurring Environmental Compliance Tasks, assisting with completion as necessary. Active and regular monitoring of completion status is required.Provide on-going/as-needed environmental support to assigned facilities with respect to environmental compliance initiatives and permit requirements.Lead special projects/follow-up initiatives, as needed, to drive environmental compliance.Provide Corporate Environmental support, such as updating new Environmental Standards and associated compliance and training documents, researching future regulatory requirements and their impact on Company operations, etc.Review and approval all required reporting to, interfacing with and responses to USEPA and similar state regulatory agencies.Coordinate and perform all required internal reporting on key environmental events, such as NOVsProvide environmental review/response for all capital authorization and major project work.Participate in Corporate Environmental Initiatives, such as environmental audits, etc.Job Requirements: Qualifications:
- 50 - 70% travel is expected.
- BA/BS degree in environmental or related discipline preferred
- 4-8 yrs. professional EH&S experience, including extensive environmental compliance experience. Multi-site responsibilities preferred but not required
- Requires excellent administrative skills with good analytical and problem-solving attributes.
- Verbal and written communications with experience in negotiations must be very strong.