For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.IMPORTANT:
In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process.
Please make sure work history and education are added correctly. Job Summary
We are seeking an Aquatic Specialist 3
for our Insourcing Solutions site in Bethesda, MD.
The responsibilities of the Aquatic Specialist 3
- Provide husbandry support for aquatic species: Zebrafish, Xenopus laevis, and Xenopus tropicalis.
- Provide colony management support in multiple facilities. Maintains accurate detailed records utilizing written log sheets and computer databases regarding colony health, water quality parameters, animal breeding, and housing or support areas as required by Institute, facility, and/or Task officials and investigators.
- Perform health checks on animals and reports any abnormalities to the Facility Veterinarian.
- Culture live feeds
- Conduct all in-house water quality tests accurately
- Perform preventative maintenance for Zebrafish and Xenopus life support systems and maintains all aquatic support equipment
- Effectively troubleshoots aquatic animal housing systems
- Identify, document, and report actions and findings related to daily duties as requested.
- Recognize various parasites, abnormal clinical chemistry values, and abnormal behaviors of animals, correctly notifying the veterinarian immediately
- Apply aquatic terminology to maintain effective lines of communication with fellow employees and investigators regarding colony and support duties.
- Provide day to day direction to teammates providing support to assigned area to ensure that all work is performed according the task Statement of Work and is carried out in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Actively interact with customers as required to solve customer requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance when applicable to job description.
- Maintain effective lines of communication with investigator regarding colony and support duties when applicable.
- Perform technical procedures related to aquatic species (e.g. facilitate animal breeding and embryo collection, perform prescribed Veterinary treatments).
- Help screen for specific mutants (primarily husbandry and organizational tasks).
The qualifications for the Aquatic Specialist 3
Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences plus 18 months experience working with Aquatic animals required. OR 2 years working in an aquatic research industry environment. LAT certification within 6 months of eligibility for both.Job QualificationsIMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position.
If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV. About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.